Jonny Couch/Status Set @ Sleepwalk, Brooklyn, NY 7/24/26
Bill: Jonny Couch/Status Set/Jewel Thief
Venue: Sleepwalk, 251 Bushwick Ave., Brooklyn, NY
Date: Friday 7/24/26
Door: $15
9pm: Jonny Couch
Active: 2016 (Jersey City, NJ)
Latest Release: Where The Sidewalk Ends (Damaged Sofa, 2026)
Bandcamp Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic YouTube Spotify
8:15pm Status Set
Active: 2018 (New York, NY)
Latest Release: Music For Cowards (Status Set, 2020)
Missed: Jewel Thief
Jonny Couch had his record release show for When The Sidewalk Ends. He filled the room to capacity, when I came in from the front bar I snuck into the back wall corner next to the door complete with a spot to rest my glass when I wanted to take a clip. For whatever reason all my "large Jonny" shots came out blurry today, but you get plenty of that in older posts here. He is going to the UK for the first time, so like Joudy the other night, I will post those dates at the bottom since it was part of the night's post-show conversation. Status Set I hadn't seen before and although it looks like a bedroom recording act looking at Bandcamp, it is indeed a full band rooted in early 80's New Wave. They came highly recommended from Jonny and I liked their highly energetic sound.
Jonny Couch Dates:
8/3 Asbury Park, NJ- The Wonder Bar
8/11 Nottingham, UK-Billy Bootleggers
8/12 Hastings, UK-Jenny Lind Inn
8/13 Camden, UK-Dublin Castle
8/16 Brighton, UK-Dalton's Brighton
9/5 Chicago, IL-The Cubby Bear
FOR FURTHER REVIEW:
Jonny Couch @ Sleepwalk, Brooklyn, NY 3/21/26
Jonny Couch @ Alphaville, Brooklyn, NY 12/12/25
Jonny Couch @ Danger Danger, Brooklyn, NY 6/26/25
Greaser Phase @ Berlin, New York, NY 8/23/24

Comments
Post a Comment