On The Streets Again 4 Night 3: Mess/Béton Armé/California's Slugger/Restraining Order @ The Meadows, Brooklyn, NY 7/19/26
Bill: On The Streets Again 4: Mess/Béton Armé/California's Slugger/Restraining Order/Bullshit Detector/The Slads/Incendiary Device/XL Bully/Strongarm and the Bullies
Venue: The Meadows, 17 Meadow St., Brooklyn, NY
Date: Sunday 7/19/26
Door: $35
11:40pm Mess
Active: 2020 (Guadalajara, Mexico City, Mexico)
Latest Release: Somos Mess (Mess, 2026)
Bandcamp Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic YouTube Spotify
10:40pm Béton Armé
Active: 2018 (Montreal, Quebec, Canada0
Latest Release: Coup de Foudre (Urban Styles, 2025). Renaissance (La Vida es La Mas, 2025)
Bandcamp Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic YouTube Spotify
9:55PM California's Slugger
Active: 2022 (Chico, CA)
Latest Release: Dead State (Try and Stop Me Records, 2024)
Bandcamp Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic YouTube Spotify
9:15pm Restraining Order
Active: 2017 (West Springfield, MA)
Latest Release: Future Fortune (Blue Grape, 2025)
Bandcamp Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic YouTube Spotify
Missed: Bullshit Detector/The Slads/Incendiary Device/XL Bully/Strongarm and the Bullies
I've had Béton Armé on my bucket list of bands to see for a little bit. My friend Kenny Jervis has loved them for a while and I missed their sold out night recently at TV Eye, so here was my big chance at this years On The Streets festival. Last year Tee Pee had Annihilation Time in the festival but I missed everyone else. This time, I was able to extract myself from life to catch 4 bands.
I got there when Western MA "West Springfield" band Restraining Order were on. They seemed like a straight forward HC band with the singer wearing a Connecticut sweatshirt. Well, Springfield and Hartford are close enough and far away from Worcester. I don't think I've ever heard ANYONE said they were from "West Springfield" before in the world of touring hardcore. I didn't even know it was it's own town west of Springfield (duh!) and north of Agawam.
Next up were Slugger aka California's Slugger although I don't know of another Slugger. The singer spent most of the time singing on the floor and they noted the recent smoke of the northeast had nothing on the wildfires they went through, complete with prospectors trying buy up cheap land after everything burns down. There was a San Francisco banner flying around but some places say they are from Chico and others just say Northern California so maybe different members are from different towns.
Montreal's Béton Armé were excellent as advertised. Dan the singer looks like a cross between Bon Scott and Roger Miret in presentation with a French-Canadian accent. They hold up a "Whoa" sign that is used for the the Whoa vocals at least 75% of the time.
Mess from Guadalajara, Mexico were up last. They seemed like the most "traditional" Oi band of the night but there is always some guy with long hair to make the band seem less, er uh, "traditional." Still, cool to see Mexico and Canada represented back to back to close everything out.
With the vodka catching up with me, I was texting Kenny who couldn't make it to NYC and instead went to last night's festival headliner the Varukers at a motorcycle shop in Haverhill, MA. He said to say hello to Dan, so I thought I'd send a surprise. I never get selfies with bands but as you can see below, this time I did.
FOR FURTHER REVIEW:
On The Streets Again 3, Brooklyn Monarch, Brooklyn, NY 7/19/25


Comments
Post a Comment