Acid Bath @ The Rooftop at Pier 17, New York, NY 8/21/26
Bill: Acid Bath/Obituary
Venue: The Rooftop at Pier 17, 89 South St., Pier 17, New York, NY
Date: Friday 8/21/26
Ticket: Free on List via DoNYC (face was $69.50 plus fees)
8pm Acid Bath
Active: 1991 (Hourna, LA)
Latest Release: Paegan Terrorism Tactics (Rotten Records, 1996)
Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic Wiki YouTube Spotify
Missed: Obituary
I had a group meetup at Seahorse near Pier 17 before the show, so we didn't make it out in time for Obitiuary who went on at 7. We got in just as they were wrapping and the "Slowly We Rot" screen was out. I've seen them a couple times since the start of this blog, so I'm sure they were good. This is also the 4th time I've seen Acid Bath. For a "special occasion" band, it seems like they are playing more and more and getting bigger and bigger. The Rooftop at Pier 17 is a 3,500 capacity venue and I'd say it was about 80-90% full. The weather cooperated, and the storm that gave the Rockaways a tornado was a day past.
I bought a copy of the double vinyl When The Kite String Pops for premium money recently (50 bucks!) and I still have it laying around. They actually do more songs from Paegan Terrorism Tactics that came out in 1996, their last release. Who knows if they will ever release new music now that they are bigger than they ever were.
I watched the first half of the show from the back. I won a pair of tickets and Kenny had a VIP pair which he gave to his bass player James. My Land-Line bandmate had to split early so I snuck into the VIP section the second half of the show and the security guy was cool enough to give me a wristband. It didn't really matter so much, but we did get to hang on the side near the bar and get an unpacked standing view. They had seats there but there wasn't any point in sitting down. Acid Bath is around 50 shows into their two year old comeback. They are sounding better and better to me the more I've seen them, but maybe that's just the growing familiarity of the material.
FOR FURTHER REVIEW:
Acid Bath @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ 3/7/26
Acid Bath @ Brooklyn Paramount, Brooklyn, NY 7/25/25
Acid Bath @ Brooklyn Paramount, Brooklyn, NY 7/11/25
Obituary @ Knockdown Center, Queens, NY 5/22/25
Obituary @ Paladium Time Square, New York, NY 10/12/24











Comments
Post a Comment