Sun Voyager @ Lucky 13 Saloon, Brooklyn, NY 8/28/26
Bill: Sun Voyager/Borracho/Mean Green/Green Hog
Venue: Lucky 13 Saloon, 644 Sackett, Brooklyn, NY
Date: Friday 8/28/26
Door: $20
11pm Sun Voyager
Active: 2014 (New York, NY)
Latest Release: "Coming Down" (Tee Pee, 2026), Sun Voyager (Ripple Music, 2022)
Bandcamp Facebook Instagram Discogs Setlist AllMusic Riffipedia YouTube Spotify
Another succesful Tee Pee night out. I got to Lucky 13 a little after 10 on the longest Uber share ever. I did get a slow tour to an East NY hospital over to the Eastern Parkway t before co-passengers picked up after me we dropped off and I could head West to Gowanus, 3rd Ave and Lucky 13. My early plan was to get there early and see all 4 bands but day turned into night and suddenly Kenny was the one getting there first and I got the car to avoid the hour plus B26 to the R train from home but it saved no time. Once there, we couldn't pry ourselves away from the callipygian wonders parading up and down the bar in between house tequila shots backed by Narragansett as Barracho played, but the hypnosis was broken when it was time to go in to see Sun Voyager's set.
A fine set it was for those who like the Kyuss-Sleep-Hawkwind sort of axis. I had to miss them a few months back at DesertFest stuck in the other room behind the merch table, but I had seen the band a bit further back a time or few when their album on Ripple was new. I'm sure I'll see them more now that they have officially issued (at least digitally) a new single on Tee Pee. We shall see what transpires.




Comments
Post a Comment